Well, more like taking two or three steps then toppling over! She took her first step last week and has been practicing tirelessly everyday. Her face breaks into a huge smile when she stands up successfully. She'll balance for a moment on her feet, and still wearing a large grin, will take a couple of steps. It's such a joy to see her so thrilled at the notion of walking. I love watching her big bright eyes, how she wobbles a bit while she's taking her steps and her cute chunky arms that are slightly bent and lifted from her side--as if she was walking a tightrope. So adorable!
Below are some pictures I took of her at the Shrine up the street. Ethan was shrieking the whole time how he didn't want to be eaten by mosquitoes. There were a lot of them out. I love going there though, the grounds are spectacular and the Shrine is just as fascinating--dates back to about the 16th century. A great place to take pictures, even if you have to endure those pesky blood-sucking vampiros bugs.
Below are some pictures I took of her at the Shrine up the street. Ethan was shrieking the whole time how he didn't want to be eaten by mosquitoes. There were a lot of them out. I love going there though, the grounds are spectacular and the Shrine is just as fascinating--dates back to about the 16th century. A great place to take pictures, even if you have to endure those pesky blood-sucking vampiros bugs.
Sissy on the loose.
Here she's decided to look for prey high in minerals.
She devours her tasty rock whole.
(For those who worry that I would actually let her swallow a rock,
I gently extracted it from her mouth).
Calling it quits.
2 comments:
She is so adorable. Way to go Sissy!!!!
Have you found a place to call "home"?
Post a Comment