Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why We Are Here

This is not the "first discussion" on the purpose of life, rather an explanation of why we are here in Japan. I apologize to those few who don't know why we moved across the Pacific. In my late night stooper and hast to post "something," I neglected to tell you some details. Most of you already know the story, the following may bore you.

Dan graduated and received his MBA from Cornell this past May. We were sad to leave beautiful Ithaca, New York, where we had been living for the past two years. We took a break and rode across country and did some site seeing. Earlier in the year, Dan was recruited by Deutsche Bank in Tokyo, where he would be working in equity sales trading & portfolio sales for their Global Market sector. In July, Dan started his first leg of training in Japan, where he stayed for a week and then left for NYC for six weeks. While Dan was in Japan, the kids and I were in Oregon visiting family and friends. We flew out to join Dan in NYC. After completing his stint in NY, Dan was off to London for five weeks for the completion of his training. While there in London, he was able to do a lot of site seeing and took a trip to Scotland. The kids and I flew back to Oregon, staying with family for the duration of Dan's trip to England. We all met up here in Tokyo, a little over a week ago. That's the short story!

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

YEAH! So glad to see you on here! My posting is short and sporadic these days, but that's how it goes with family and school. It will be good to see you guys and read all about your adventures!

Stewart said...

I love your stories of your adventure (aka nightmare) trip to Japan. We are sure going to miss you guys and I will try to keep up with checking in on your web site. Love to all. Erin