Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Just tonight Autumn lifted up her shirt and pointed to her pot belly and said, "baby boy." She recently figured out that there was a baby boy in my belly, now she's thinking she has a baby boy in hers! A couple of days ago Sissy came running up behind me just as I was bending over to pick something off the floor. She ran right into my behind and fell onto hers. I immediately turned around, and said, "I'm sorry Sissy, I guess I have a big bouncy butt." Ethan was listening from around the corner and matter-of-factly chimed in, "yeah mom, you have a gigantic butt!" Thanks Ethan. I still love you! I suppose I set myself up for that comment! Recently I was trying to encourage Jake to come and help me rinse the dishes (one of his chores). Nothing was persuading him though. I suddenly got a flash of inspiration—or so I thought—as I called for Spider Man to help me. Jake loves to role play—especially if its Spider Man–or so I thought. He came running in to the kitchen and saw me standing at the sink washing the dishes. He immediately frowned and turned the other way. As he was walking into the other room, he said, "mom, Spider Man is just pretend." So much for that flash of inspiration!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

LOL! My girls are ALWAYS telling me I have a big butt, too! I guess it's true comparatively! But, comparatively it is small, too! I like to focus on that "end" of thingd! :-P

Angela said...

LOL! We are always calling baby Evan a "big fat baby" as a term of endearment of coarse. Well Ryan has picked up on this and has started calling everybody this.... ie. "Big fat Daddy" or "Big fat Mommy" always with a really sweet sugary voice. Now granted I still have baby weight on so this may be true--but when he calls strangers in the grocery store fat... I quickly move on!

Shauntel said...

So somewhere stored in the files of my brain, I remembered your blog address - and I'm so glad! The kids are getting big! Especially little Sissy.

So fun to see pictures. Makes me horribly homesick too - I miss Japan so much. So I'm so glad I can check in on my favorite place here on your blog. :)

Jade said...

OH yes, I can relate to all of that!!LOL.
Once, we read about a granny with a big wobbly bottom!! And guess how my kids decided to describe my behind after that? "Oh mummy you have a big wobbly bottom!!!"

Hannah said...

Where are you?!!!!!