The pictures below are from Ethan's first week at Yochien (Japanese Kindergarten). Ethan is slowly adjusting. This week is his third week, and he is doing so much better--more smiling and interacting with his class mates. The staff here at the school are very understanding and incredibly nice. They've been eager and have been working hard to make Ethan's adjustment as comfortable as possible. I can laugh about this now, but I was quite shocked when it first happened yesterday during assembly at the end of the school day. I was talking to Ethan's teachers when Ethan ran to the water hose. You can imagine what happened without me telling you the whole story. The spray unfortunately hit an unsuspecting mom and her son. Talking about forgiving, they just laughed. As a matter of fact, all the moms around her, including the principle laughed. I, of course was mortified. I kept apologizing and marched Ethan over to do the same. The drenched mom, with a smile, said it wasn't a problem. I'm so glad the people here are so forgiving!
This is the Ethan's Yochien, right down the street from our house.

Ethan and his teacher, Osawa Sensei.

Ethan's class met with parents for a special art project to cover each of the student's yearbook.




At the end of the first school week, I took Ethan and the kids out for a gelato. They really enjoyed their ice cream!

2 comments:
I love the yellow hat and gelato!
Wow. In the picture with Ethan and his teach, he looks like a mini-Dan.
Glad to see you guys are doing well.
Best to all!
Post a Comment