Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tagged

I got tagged so here it is:

10 years ago (Jan 1998):
I can't remember what I did last week, let alone what I did ten years ago! But I'll do my best. I was living in Grants Pass, Oregon (with my parents!) and engaged to be married (to Dan). I was working as a production artist at an advertising agency.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1) pick Ethan up from Yochien
2) set up a play date with his friend Tom
3) do laundry and vacuum my messy floors!
4) Homeschool
5) read

Snacks I enjoy:
1) Chocolate anything
2) Crisp sweet apple slices
3) Trail mix (with Chocolate)
4) Sushi
5) Coconut mochi

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1) Give a kick back to the Lord
2) pay off our debt
3) Set up a college fund for my relatives in Vietnam~similar to the perpetual education fund.
4) Mara had a great idea that I would like to do: invest in programs like the Gates Foundation that places aid where it is needed and that requires positive progress from those who have received the aid.
5) Take a needed vacation!

3 of my bad habits
1) Procrastination
2) yelling (when my boys ignore me)
3) abhorrence to washing dishes

5 places I have lived
1) Grants Pass, Oregon
2) Provo, UT
3) Ithaca, NY
4) New York City, NY
5) Tokyo, Japan

5 jobs I have had:
1) Clock maker
2) Sales associate at a fabric store
3) Production Artist
4) Freelance Production Artist
5) Maid service for the West household

5 things people don't know about me:
1) I love reading biographies, especially those who have endured war experiences.
2) I keep a log of my (night-time) dreams
3) I'm really silly when I'm at home~I clown around with my kids, dance and sing silly songs
4) I love eighties music--Duran Duran rocks!
5) (gulp) Like my friend Mara, I read up on celebrity gossip too (occasionally).

I tag Hannah, Chelon, Becky and Felicia.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

I love War biographies too! I'm going to have to pull up the list of my favorites.

Che Butter said...

Oh my gosh you tagged me!!! I can't believe I haven't talked to you in so long...you're budding family is so gorgeous! And living in Japan must be so exciting, and nerve racking at the same time. You probably heard, but my youngest bro, Adam, served his mission in Sendai. Good times. He found a French pastry shop with my name - so I'm pretty much way famous in Japan. Anyway...I love you - I will always have dear memories of our friendship in Oregon. And I still have the bracelet you brought back for me from your trip! So if you didn't already know, my blog is: nickolette.net/rc