Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Farewell Vietnamese Style

My friend Jade's parents and siblings came over to our house on the last evening of their stay in Tokyo. We cooked and had a great feast of Vietnamese food! Cooking with all of Jade's family was so much fun. It made me so happy working with them in the kitchen. It reminded me so much of cooking with my mom and sister! (Sigh) I miss my mom, and my sister. Thanks to all of Jade's family for the wonderful food and great company. And a big thanks to Ben and Jade's dad for watching all the kids, while the rest of us prepared the food!

Jade's wonderful mom rolling cha gio (fried spring roll).


Jade preparing fried tofu in tomato chutney.


Our yummy dishes out for display. We later added some wonderful BBQ meat, thanks to Mandy and Khen!



Jake REALLY liked Jade's sister, Jamie. We couldn't resist a photo with the two of them!

4 comments:

Anna M said...

What yummy food! How fun to have a variety of visitors. Your photos of Japan are gorgeous.

Jade said...

Teresa, I was so busy with everything that night that I didn't take any pics to talk about in my blog...sure glad you did. We had a blast didn't we. (Jade)

Red Bed Head said...

I'm waiting for your Fourth of July Parade pictures... :)

Rhiannon said...

I was wondering when you lived in Ithaca did you ever visit the Ecovillage there? I am part of a Cohousing project just starting up in Utah Valley. Wondered if you had any info on this style of living?